L'Orgue Libre
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilAccueil  PortailPortail  Dernières imagesDernières images  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Google Pixel 7 5G – Smartphone 6,3″ OLED FHD+ 8 Go + 128 Go
316 €
Voir le deal

Rentrée 2019

AuteurMessage
LAFFAY

Rentrée 2019 Empty
MessageSujet: Rentrée 2019   Rentrée 2019 EmptyMer 4 Sep 2019 - 14:02

Here is the return. During these holidays a number of friends joined us. Allow me to introduce myself again and to explain my musical motivations.

If you visit my site (http://jf-laffay.com//) especially page 2 entitled "General Catalog" you will find that the religious part is essentially made of Protestant-inspired works.

Here is where to find the roots:
* Excerpts from the registers of the Protestant Baptist Church of Lyon:
"June 16, 1873 - There was at the Union a farewell meeting of Gideon Laffay and Ruben Saillens. We went there, it was crowded. "

The two young friends went to England to study theology. Gideon Laffay was my grandfather. They returned both pastors. My grandfather officiated in the parish as pastor of the Baptist Church and then of the Reformed Church. Ruben Saillens, Baptist pastor, became known as a songwriter of many hymns published especially in a collection well known at that time, entitled "On the wings of faith."

Being a fervent Protestant myself, I was strongly inspired by this dual theological and musical affiliation. I heard singing and I sang all my childhood and my youth very beautiful songs of Ruben Saillens. Organist of Reformed and Lutheran parishes, I have come to compose works imbued with this heritage.

Concerning the profane works of the catalog, preludes, suites, sonatas, arias, musical moments, pieces for flute, trumpets, violins etc. and organ, you can quickly see that they could be played in a cult without shock.

I am happy to have been able to explain this to you and I hope thus to allow you to appreciate differently the works that I propose to you.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://www.jf-laffay.com

Rentrée 2019
Page 1 sur 1